9 weeks and all I want is CARBS!!

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
... just as my topic / post headline says really --- getting a bit ridiculous now though - did anyone else experience this? Does is calm down after the first trimester...??

I normally eat pretty healthily - medium carb - between 90 to 120g per day, and low GI -- but right now it's only pasta, bread, potatoes - and other plain carbs like crackers etc is ALL I WANT TO EAT :-/

I wouldn't mind (well - I am slightly worried that the thought of eating anything remotely green makes me queasy...) - but whilst I'm currently enjoying the insanely low insulin requirements to cover all said carbs, I'm worried that might be all I want throughout the pregnancy - and I know things are going to climb up up up insulin wise after the next few weeks...

Just wondering whether other t1 mamas experienced the same?? Please tell me it'll ease and I'll start wanting to eat something vaguely more balanced soon...?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yep : D I got that. I could happily have sat down to a large plate of mashed potato every night! I also found Weetabix very soothing and crumpets too.

I think it's to do with the hormones and nausea. And yes, it does go away. Mine went gradually as my nausea faded.

Reactions: Freema

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Haha - thanks ladies!

And @azure - how funny - yesterday I had such a strong craving for crumpets I went out and bought a packet!! : D

@mohola - yes - and marmalade!!! I didn't eat these things before I was pregnant... this baby clearly loves carbs...!

.... good to hear it fades away too - or I'm going to need a 'bigger boat' load of insulin in a month or so...

Reactions: azure