A good result thank you everyone

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good afternoon when I was first diagnosed back in October 2016 with a Hb1Ac of 114/12.6 m/mol's I was in total shock and didn't know what to do or where to go that's the truth of it,and then I discovered this forum and all its wonderful and friendly members my first 3 month assessment I went down to Hb1Ac of 50/6.7m/mol's ,6 months on and following all the advice and suggestions from you all has brought me to Hb1Ac of 39/5.7m/mol's,thank you doesn't seem enough,you have all been brilliant:)

ps I would like to also thank Lidl's high protein rolls,Anchor butter and yellow haddock and sardines and cashew nuts,and raspberries:D

pril tes.JPG

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And don't forget
- all your hard work
- being open to new suggestions, even if they involved strange ideas like having butter, and giving up ordinary bread
- and being willing to trust a bunch of weirdos on the internet!

All sterling qualities, I think you will agree! :D

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Excellent results, both on HbA1c and cholesterol - shows that high fat doesn't mean high cholesterol. :)

Reactions: Freema and kumera

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon all my friends and many thanks for all your kind and friendly posts,they really are appreciated as you all are:)

ps.I thought I would feel better than I do ,not sure why I am not elated and buzzing about my results(like winning the lottery):D which is how I expected to feel,perhaps its me thinking where do I go next,anyway don't mind me I'm just going to do some gardening,enjoy your day;)

Reactions: Freema

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Fantastic result! What was the reaction from your doc/nurse to your results? Do they know how you're eating? Are they supportive?

Reactions: Freema and Prem51

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning @BarbaraG no reaction ,we have no diabetic nurse here cannot get a doctor's appointment until the 5th of May,no support here in the Medway towns at all:)

Reactions: Freema

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Good morning @BarbaraG no reaction ,we have no diabetic nurse here cannot get a doctor's appointment until the 5th of May,no support here in the Medway towns at all:)

Ah, well in some ways that may be a blessing - no-one nagging you to eat more carbs.

If my experience is anything to go by, as long as your HbA1C, BP and cholesterol numbers are OK, they will leave you to get on with it. There are simply too many patients with T2D for everyone to receive personal attention. Sad but true.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning @BarbaraG my friend just an update regarding the diabetes nurse:)

After sending 14 emails to everyone concerned ie all doctors .practice manager,assistant practice manager and NHS,

Received this email this morning;)

Have made an appointment for Tuesday 18th April

Yes our new Nurse Cheryl started at the end of February. If you would like to book an appointment to see her for your diabetic review then please contact us and we will book this in for you.

Many Thanks,

Court View Surgery

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Well done for pushing! I shall watch with interest to see how you get on.