A My Name Is Alice and ...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
S my name is Stella and my SO's name is Simon. We live in San Simeon with seven Siamese. Simon sells savory saveloys since I simply sit in the salon sewing singlets for sailors and skirts for skaters.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My Name is Tara : I was born on a Tuesday and live in Tadley and own a tired threadbare teddybear named Theodore, and a tank with two terrapins. I work as a temporary textile technologist, try my hand at teaching teenagers to tat, and traipse around Tadley Treacle Mines in my spare time.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
U my name is Ursula and I live under an umbrella tree in Utica with my unicorn, Ulysses, and I umpire ultra-radical undergraduates using usually useless uncials to upstage underachieving upperclassmen.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My name is Vernon and I live on Venus,
and own a venerable vole and a very vicious vampire bat. I work as a valued volunteer at Vodaphone, play volleyball, am a veritable virtuoso on the violin, and can be viewed growing a variety of variegated vegetables.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, my name is Wendy and I live in windy Winnipeg with a Westie called Woof and a wolf called Wesley. We wrangle rustlers who want our wallabies and then wearily wend our way westward warbling We Will Wok You When You Walk This Way.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My name is Xenia and I live in Xochimilco with an eXhausted, xenophobic Xoloitzcuintli (dog) and an eXtremely full fish tank of X-ray tetras. I eXcercise eXcessively, play the xylophone eXquisitely, get eXcited at Xmas, and am an eXtremely avid fan of X-rated movies and the X-files.
(And sometimes I resort to cheating a bit...)

Robbity

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Y, my name is Yvette and I live in the Yukon with my yak, Yolanda, who yields somewhat yucky yarn and yearns for yummy yucca, while I have a yen for yoga with my yogi Yancey on the yardarm of his yacht, the Youngblood, docked in Yellowknife.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My name is Zita and I live at Zennor with a zany Zebra from Zululand named Zebedee. I'm a zealous zoologist who loves zipping around Zambia, am a fan of Led Zeppelin, and sometimes end up zonked out creating zentangles...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
My name is Kline and I live in Palestine, I like to dine and drink wine despite the clime. I have a wife that causes Strife, but thats life. I visited Iraq just for the lark, but quickly returned under the cover of dark. Now I am back home and feeling fine, eating olives in brine at a restaurant called "Wine and dine in Palestine'

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My name is Alice and I live in a palace with a rabbit with a habit of stealing carrots for parrots which really is silly because parrots prefer seeds as anyone who reads has heard that any bird thinks eating carrots is absurd.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My name is Barbara and I live in Scarborough, I write a blog about my dog named Mog, but what a shame - seeing his name, many people think I'm wasting ink writing about a CAT- how wrong is that!! I keep quite quiet about my low carb diet maintaining carby grams below twenty which is a great feat, and regularly eat plenty of meat - a real fatty treat...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unlike @Robbity 's doggy,
my cat is a moggy.
She is black and white and ginger.
She likes to wash my finger.
I know that doesn't rhyme;
English doesn't rhyme all the time;
That's OK, 'cause American
doesn't really rhyme with Hurricane,
at least not in the States,
where my cat is situat-
ed.

Reactions: Pasha and Robbity

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My name is Annabelle and I live in a posh hotel with a very slim, scruffy and dim fellow named Jim, and a rather fluffy and yellow canary named Mary. I like to dine with a glass of red wine, love to dance, and holiday in France. I'm a regular commuter to town where I sit down all day working (no time to play!) on my computer.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My name is Eulalia and I live in Vidalia where I grow onions when I'm not soaking my bunions or giving young Paul Bunyans hacks about growing up to be lumberjacks who are OK if they work all day and sleep all night, which is just right for young lumberjacks or old quacks who misdiagnose bunions as hammertoes or diabetic neuropathy, which is medical Hippocrathy, and won't win them chicken dinners cooked by onion skinners.

Reactions: Robbity and Pasha

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My name Is Dennis and I live in Venice which is rather grim as I can't swim due, I'm afraid, to being no mermaid! But I do go overboard when I can afford to splash out to deck my palatial halls so I can hold fantastic Masked Balls. And I've been told without a doubt by all and sundry that these are the best way to spend a happy and gay, instead of a dull, boring, Monday. And what's more, I'm also a bit of a wanderer and on other days I love to explore Venice's many waterways in my gaily painted gondola.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My name is Alayne, I live with a Great Dane, Duane, and my horse, a Grey, Zane, out on the plain, where the deer and antelope have lain hidden from the rain deep in the sugar cane or grazed on the grain imported from Spain, which was a great drain on my finances, straining them as well as my brain as I failed to obtain a loan from Champaign, to which I took a train, 'cause I couldn't get a plane ticket to Duquesne, where the bank on Main Street would merely refrain from giving free reign to a borrower who fain would feed the wild beasts of the plain as well as herself and Duane and Zane.

Reactions: Pasha

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My name is Walter Winterbotham and I live in a windmill near Windermere with my wise and winsome wife Wilhelmina
and a wilfully wayward wirehaired wolfhound named Wofgang.
My work is wrestling with world wide web widgets, and to relax I woodturn wacky wickerwork wheelbarrows, or walk, wandering widdershins through the wilderness in my waterproof wellies, whistling and waltzing along the way. and other weary weekend wayfarers are welcome to share my wonderful (er - what??!) meals of whelks, winkles, walnuts and watered-down whortleberry wine.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And one for @Pasha:

My name is Pasha, and I'm a powerful Persian potentate,
who lives in a pristine palace in Peru with my pretty paramour Pernilla, a poncy pink poodle, a pig named Peppa, and a pair or perpetually prancing piebald ponies.
I'm a practical, pugilistic policeman who pounces on pesky pervy perpetrators, and periodically I paint pointillistic portraits of politicians on pieces of pastel pink paper.
I partake of perfectly prepared picnics of potted prawns, Pringles, pineapples, pomegranates, and Pepsi.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My name is Walter Winterbotham and I live in a windmill near Windermere with my wise and winsome wife Wilhelmina
and a wilfully wayward wirehaired wolfhound named Wofgang.
My work is wrestling with world wide web widgets, and to relax I woodturn wacky wickerwork wheelbarrows, or walk, wandering widdershins through the wilderness in my waterproof wellies, whistling and waltzing along the way. and other weary weekend wayfarers are welcome to share my wonderful (er - what??!) meals of whelks, winkles, walnuts and watered-down whortleberry wine.

Walter Winterbotham and Tom Bombadil
one day went a-wandering up over the hill
and down along the mill pond
where the whelks and winkles
warble wordlessly while diving
for white-chocolate sprinkles.

Your Walter Winterbotham sounded like such a good companion to Tom that I wanted them to have an adventure together -- I hope that's OK.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Walter Winterbotham and Tom Bombadil
one day went a-wandering up over the hill
and down along the mill pond
where the whelks and winkles
warble wordlessly while diving
for white-chocolate sprinkles.

Your Walter Winterbotham sounded like such a good companion to Tom that I wanted them to have an adventure together -- I hope that's OK.
Yes indeed!
My late mum was a great one for making up spur of the moment rhymes, though she tended to "specialize" in limericks. She and her elder brother used to have a lot of fun and nonsense with words which I (hopefully!) inherited.

Robbity

Robbity

Reactions: Pasha