Miss Chaima
Member
- Messages
- 8
- Type of diabetes
- Type 1
- Treatment type
- Insulin
1Hi @Miss Chaima
welcome to the forum
To help get you the best response to your question -- are you diagnosed type 1 or type 2 ?
thanks for the quick response -- I am moving your thread to the type 1 section.
Thank youthanks for the quick response -- I am moving your thread to the type 1 section.
and once again , a very warm welcome from me.
If you are recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes you may be experiencing a "honeymoon period " where your body does produce insulin sometimes sporadically and thus meaning greatly reduced amounts required but sometimes erratic.
as for cooking and eating a healthy diet is the best answer I can give.
as you gain experience , and with plenty of blood sugar testing , you will learn that many foods suit you very well , but a few may not.
your specific answer for type of flour is part of the body's personal response to this complex carb.
Thankies *.*Welcome Chaima
that is pretty understandable, but it is important to know what your bloods are , and taking insulin should lower them -- has a doctor or nurse given you any advice for your insulin dosesThank youI am just afraid to test such kinds to see my body's reaction cuz my blood sugar these days is very very high < 3g even if am not eating any sugars and am avoiding bread ' the Brown one' as much as possible.
okay -- that is a good first stepYeaah my doctor did give me the doses I should do , am just doing everything she recommended
Ok -- it is difficult to know what health care is available.Actually I do test my blood and it's always (lately) high , in my country we don't have that advanced health care u know
I just dunno how to say thank uHeya @Miss Chaima Welcome to the site
It's all alot to take in when you are first diagnosed, but it does get alot easier in time, the good thing is that you have been diagnosed and you are now taking insulin.
Best advice I can give any newly diagnosed is to start reading up as much as you can and become the expert on this, best book to get is 'Think like a pancreas' written specially for type 1's and available on Amazon.
As you are running high and on mixed insulin, can you cut down on the carbs a bit, as these are what will push your bood glucose levels higher, carbs are things like bread, biscuits, fruit, don't cut back too much, just a little at a time, as your still taking a fast acting insulin in your humalog mix 25. To help you understand carbs better can you download carbs and cals on your phone, it's an app which will show you carb content of food or use 'myfitnesspal' which is free. You will need to consult your doctor about increasing your doses. In the UK alot of type 1's use 2 different types of insulin - a quick acting such as Novorapid which is taken before meals and the dose is based on the amount of carbs being eaten, as well as a long acting insulin which covers the body's requirements over 24 hours. Some people are given mixed insulin to start with until they get used to taking insulin and then moved onto multiple daily injections once their knowledge in carbohydrates increases and they are confident in giving insulin for each mealtime based on the carbs eaten.
There is a wealth of knowledge here, so happy to help as much as you need, best wishes
Hello guys ! Am Chaima, 19 years old, I discovered that am a diabetic just lately, I was really shocked cuz I had no clue how to deal with that new life style especially with the insulin stuff , and still actually , can anyone here give me their hand just to know what kind of flours I should use in my cooking and give me a good régime that I would follow . thank you^^
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?