A surprising place to find success

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought these heparin injections were a prelude to Warfarin rather than a permanent medication. Or that is what I was told when they gave me two of them and were then stopped by the consultant neurologist as not needed, and neither was Warfarin.
My Consultant changes every week. This one is a right so and so. He is the one that has decided I will be having further ops and the pacemaker, and the one who told me I would not be out of Hospital till Xmas at least, and has re-introduced the Heparin, and has also placed me on strict fluids restriction so I have to measure what goes in and out all day, I cannot wait to either go to the next Hospital or for his shift change, He has a lousy bedside manner.

I had Heparin on first admission in case I had another heart attack or stroke, but I am on furusomide now, and they have added aspirin to my meds on top of my usual anti-platelet meds. I think he is just covering his derriere. sadistic to boot IMO

Edit to add update. I am now to have daily blood checks, and the heparin is indeed to cover their rear. I will be a walking pin cushion soon. It seems the furusomide is leaching sodium from me more than they expected, so this is why my kidney function is being checked in case I do not pee what I drink. I would have thought that would increase my weight, but it has been static this week.

Last edited: