A thank you and CGM’s

Paul41

I had been “playing at” trying to eat healthily as I didn’t understand the value of testing ! I was advised to test by some very knowledgable people on here and how right you were.

So I started testing and I could see what my BG was doing before and after meals. I was hooked so I decided to get the trial 2 week with the libra2 sensor. I’m a week into using this device now and I’m steadily building up a list of good and bad foods.

I’ve fallen I love with beans! I’m eating different types of beans and I’m loving the taste and just how filling they make me feel. Breakfast cereals are just no good nor flour based products such as bread.

I’m sorry if I sound excited but I am and strangely I’m enjoying the whole thing and the science behind it .

Now I do know that the sensor may not be as accurate as a conventional monitor but it certainly is close enough ( I’ve tested it side by side) for my usage.

Anyway as I’ve saved lots of money by not drinking beer I’ve bought another two sensors. I figure that should give me plenty of time to complete my safe food list at which time I’ll revert to conventional testing .

BTW I find watching the sensor fascinating in a strange way.

Thanks for the fantastic advice, I know I’m not out of the woods but it’s very encouraging.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had been “playing at” trying to eat healthily as I didn’t understand the value of testing ! I was advised to test by some very knowledgable people on here and how right you were.

So I started testing and I could see what my BG was doing before and after meals. I was hooked so I decided to get the trial 2 week with the libra2 sensor. I’m a week into using this device now and I’m steadily building up a list of good and bad foods.

I’ve fallen I love with beans! I’m eating different types of beans and I’m loving the taste and just how filling they make me feel. Breakfast cereals are just no good nor flour based products such as bread.

I’m sorry if I sound excited but I am and strangely I’m enjoying the whole thing and the science behind it .

Now I do know that the sensor may not be as accurate as a conventional monitor but it certainly is close enough ( I’ve tested it side by side) for my usage.

Anyway as I’ve saved lots of money by not drinking beer I’ve bought another two sensors. I figure that should give me plenty of time to complete my safe food list at which time I’ll revert to conventional testing .

BTW I find watching the sensor fascinating in a strange way.

Thanks for the fantastic advice, I know I’m not out of the woods but it’s very encouraging.
Good stuff. Three or four years on I still look up my old food and testing diaries to see what happened when.

It's also good to meet someone else who can tolerate beans (up to a point for me). However pastry has a disproportionately bad impact. I just wondered if the two maybe ran together.

Reactions: Paul41

Paul41

Good stuff. Three or four years on I still look up my old food and testing diaries to see what happened when.

It's also good to meet someone else who can tolerate beans (up to a point for me). However pastry has a disproportionately bad impact. I just wondered if the two maybe ran together.

That’s interesting about the beans and I’ll let you know how I get on with pastry. To be honest I’m pinning for a pasty !

Here is a graph and in note 2 I ate a can of cannellini beans. I don’t eat a whole can anymore as I get too full!
IMG_0920.jpg

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love your positive and attacking mode, and am delighted at your results! Your experiences should inspire many people.

Reactions: Paul41

Paul41

I love your positive and attacking mode, and am delighted at your results! Your experiences should inspire many people.

You’re too kind , I’m just enthusiastic.

Thi is inspiring:-

Our very own success story

Last edited: