A Treat I can Eat before Bedtime?

CherryH

In my healthier, pre-65 year old days, I would enjoy lots of treats from wine to chocolate, but a fairly new diagnosis of pre-diabetes has stopped me in my tracks. I'm only a 7 stone weakling so it's not as if weight-wise I've needed to cut out treats, but sugar-wise I obviously do. I never was overly indulgent and always enjoyed a very low glucose reading, and I suspect my present diagnosis could be linked to medication for post breast cancer. But obviously I still have to follow the same rules whatever or wherever it's come from.

The thing I miss most is some chocolate with my 10pm hot milk! I've tried other things, I've cheated, I've bought low sugar, low fat, low everything stuff but the contents still make me wonder if I'm wide of the mark.

What can I best eat with my night-time milk?! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Cherry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could always eat chocolate. You could reduce the amount or you could buy the high cocoa content type. Since you are pre-diabetic I think that this will not do any harm.

Jo123

Cherry, I have 2 pieces of Lindt 90% chocolate every night, I am pre diabetic like you and it doesn't affect my levels.

CherryH

Great! I can do dark, I can do high cocoa - and I can moderate to just a couple of pieces ... I just can't go without! Thanks, Cherry