A useful diabetes management tool

sdailylog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My son was diagnosed in March of 2015. He was 10. I put together a system using Google docs so that everyone involved in helping him manage his diabetes could be on the same page at all times, in real time.

It's still in progress, but here's a sample of what we are using:

http://sample.diabeteslog.online

Use the 'Diabetes Management Form' link to enter pre and post prandial info, general sugar checks, and notes.

After submitting the form info, click on the 'Sample Diabetes Log' link to view the log that updates in real time.

This isn't the one that we use, so it's cool for you to play around with it.

No personal info is collected or required.

Last edited:

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi

I started with a spreadsheet that did what you have created and would estimate the HbA1c etc. This morphed into a full blown app that covers all sorts (including Insulin on Board estimates and plots of BG against IOB against Carb intake). Have a look at the thread linked in my signature it will give you some ideas.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I logged by BG using @andcol app for a while and the predictions for my HbA1c were spot on every time

sdailylog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I started with a spreadsheet that did what you have created and would estimate the HbA1c etc. This morphed into a full blown app that covers all sorts (including Insulin on Board estimates and plots of BG against IOB against Carb intake). Have a look at the thread linked in my signature it will give you some ideas.

Your app looks amazing!

The system that I posted here is just an online log that is updated in real-time. Use the 'Diabetes Management Form' and the online log updates instantly and is accessible to anyone with internet connectivity. The dose calculation jazz has been removed from the version here because of the whole IOB issue. However, the simple log is still nice because when multiple people are dealing with a young person, it's nice for everyone to be in the loop.

Last edited: