A wakeup call well deserved!

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Ok! 11 years as a diabetic, and I made a serious blunder. But I am on my horse, as the saying goes - much embarrassed but better for it. Still a bit shaky on my feet but I am not letting myself wallow in self pity.

Robkww

Ok! 11 years as a diabetic, and I made a serious blunder. But I am on my horse, as the saying goes - much embarrassed but better for it. Still a bit shaky on my feet but I am not letting myself wallow in self pity.

Good to hear from you @leslie10152 - always look for your posts and admire the way you seek to support others.

Be under no illusion, we are all rooting for you now!

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I think the occasional fall from the horse has to be expected. I think I said in your other thread, you're a human being and not a machine. Being perfect every single day is an impossible dream IMHO. You do your best with the hand life dealt you. If you feel you're doing your best for the majority of your life then you've fought the good fight. :)

Mark_1

Hi
Why is a one off blow out such a bad thing? I would have thought that doing things right the other 364 days of the year is what's important. In fact I was planning to have an occasional blowout every now and then just to keep myself sane. Not every week but maybe a few times a year. Is this not a good idea?

Reactions: Robkww and Ultramum

Robkww

Hi
Why is a one off blow out such a bad thing? I would have thought that doing things right the other 364 days of the year is what's important. In fact I was planning to have an occasional blowout every now and then just to keep myself sane. Not every week but maybe a few times a year. Is this not a good idea?

Hi @Mark_1 - a great idea, just need to understand our individual boundaries and try not to stray too far into more difficult territory than we can deal with.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
We all have days when we just can't cope with it all, I'm having one such day today but I know tomorrow is another day and I will feel better. And so will you my friend.

Reactions: DiabeticDadUK