1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

A week till I start the pump eeek!

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Sandymcat, Feb 11, 2018.

1. asa35

asa35 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I fully agree with @helensaramay, spot on. I've been pumping ('scuse me!) for just a year now (medtronic 640g), probably the best thing I've done. Hba1c immediately came down from about 8.5% average to now about 5.6%. Admittedly, with my DSN, we're still doing adjustments on a regularish basis, but I understand things a lot better now. Using one type of insulin only is a lot easier, once all the calculations are done in the pump. I think I've only had to change 2 canulars because of problems, and occasionally you get a slight discomfort when the canular is fitted, but usually passes quickly enough. No more daily injections, 5 times a day, is a great feeling - just plenty of finger pricking though! Hope all goes well for you, I'm sure you'll be very pleased and happy with your decision. My stress levels are right down also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Picci

Picci Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @por169 thank you for your message, things are going better than I actually anticipated. I was shown how to change the cannula and cartridge today, in ready for doing it alone on Saturday.....:nailbiting:EEEEK. Need to do some fasting over the weekend before the nurse adjusts my basal rates, there are two areas that appear to need tweaking at the moment.:happy:
    Christine

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook