A week till I start the pump eeek!

asa35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for taking the time to reply in such depth. That’s been really helpful. It seems crazy worrying about the cannula when I’ve been injecting for 20 years! But it’s all new and strange. I intend to give it all a good chance. If it tightens control then I’ll be happy.
I fully agree with @helensaramay, spot on. I've been pumping ('scuse me!) for just a year now (medtronic 640g), probably the best thing I've done. Hba1c immediately came down from about 8.5% average to now about 5.6%. Admittedly, with my DSN, we're still doing adjustments on a regularish basis, but I understand things a lot better now. Using one type of insulin only is a lot easier, once all the calculations are done in the pump. I think I've only had to change 2 canulars because of problems, and occasionally you get a slight discomfort when the canular is fitted, but usually passes quickly enough. No more daily injections, 5 times a day, is a great feeling - just plenty of finger pricking though! Hope all goes well for you, I'm sure you'll be very pleased and happy with your decision. My stress levels are right down also.

Reactions: Picci

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Picci how are things going so far with your pump??
Hi @por169 thank you for your message, things are going better than I actually anticipated. I was shown how to change the cannula and cartridge today, in ready for doing it alone on Saturday.....:nailbiting:EEEEK. Need to do some fasting over the weekend before the nurse adjusts my basal rates, there are two areas that appear to need tweaking at the moment.:happy:
Christine

Reactions: Books1 and porl69