A1c < Blood sugar

Injebreck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Life ain't easy. My last two A1cs have been 29 and 30, which is in comparison with my daily bloods which have been in the 6-9 range after an amputation a few months ago. Before I went into hospital, my readings were in the 5-7 region and, granted I've had a series of colds and sniffles, which could at least partially account for the raised levels, but I was surpised to get a phone call from the hospital an hour ago, concerned that my A1c was low. I'm at a loss to understand the difference between the two (29 equates to roughly an average blood sugar of 5.0)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Just to be clear, do you have Type 1 Diabetes or Type 2 Diabetes?

There have been a few threads on this topic concerning those with Type 1 Diabetes due (I think) to revised recommendations.

Hello and welcome, I hope you are close to full recovery now.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I've been T2 for 20+ years

Well done on you A1c results. I do not understand why a result showing non Diabetic numbers should worry a health care professional unless you are on insulin or drugs that actively lower your bg levels but I think this is because of the risk of hypos. They sometimes do not beleive that a T2 can have such results without hypos.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I'd be a bit concerned that your daily readings have gone from 5-7 to 6-9, regardless of your HbA1c numbers.

The lower than expected HbA1c could be due to your blood cells average life span decreasing (and therefore not having as much time to become glycated), which could be a sign of something not right with your health.