A1C self test kit from Bayer

spinningwoman

It arrived this afternoon! The expiry date is Feb 13 so not too bad but it would be much better if availed in the two test size. Very simple to use and I got a result of 5.3 which is better than a year ago and more in line with what I expected. Unlike the video it doesn't include lancets but tells you to use your own.

It arrived in refrigerated packing - am I supposed to keep the tests in the fridge? It doesn't say to do so anywhere that I can see.

One point is that none of the active bits are reused so there would be no problem with a group of people sharing the tests so long as they passed the little test docker thing around.

A

Anonymous

Well done - 5.3 is an excellent result.

It says somewhere (and I can't see where now) that you don't need to put it in the fridge.

spinningwoman

Yes I'm quite relieved as last year it had gone from 5.7 to 6.1 which I didn't realise at first was quite a big jump. Of course, given that that was also a home test it may have been dodgey but I had been getting a bit complacent with the diet and i think it made a bigger difference than I realised.

lostonrye

I bought the a1c test kit from the USA it cost £14 and about £6 postage on ebay
it came with 2 capsules
fairly easy to use
but difficult to get the capsules over here and they have a use by date
Results seem accurate at about £10 a test most people will use the nhs not an option in the usa so maybe not much of a market for it over here
there is a postal service for hba1c from some chemists about £20 a test