Aaargh... Pulled Libre sensor off by accident :-(

helga_t75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Aaarrgh... I pulled my libre sensor off by accident earlier fighting off a bee :-(

Only been in 4 days. ****, ****, ****...

What do you all stick it down with? This one never really felt secure :-(

Thanks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't stick it down with anything but having pulled one off I tried cutting a sock up so that I had a legging or arming. I am not certain if it helped and maybe I should have made a better job of it but I have not pulled another one off since.

Reactions: helga_t75

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
when I have used one I found they stuck so well it actually hurt trying to pull it off.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Aaarrgh... I pulled my libre sensor off by accident earlier fighting off a bee :-(

Only been in 4 days. ****, ****, ****...

What do you all stick it down with? This one never really felt secure :-(

Thanks

I've gotta say, @helga_t75 , that's the funniest libre loss post I've ever read!

Too surreal, heard the usual too long in sauna, door knock stuff, but, seriously...lost libre..fight..with bee... Just too good!

Go on, go on, you're gonna have to phone the libre helpline to try to get a replacement, the guy on the phone'll be asking about error log readings, ask you to do a couple of meter readings, and you can just say, "it was attacked by a bee." They'll not have anything in their training manual for that.

Sorry, I've been taking the mickey (it is a funny story), but, yeah, I remember my two day door jamb loss, wasn't nice.

These aren't on display but a lot of chemists have Molnlycke Mepore plasters 6 by 8 cm if you ask them, about 40p. They're pretty good at smoothing out the edges of the sensor to avoid catching. If your local chemist doesn't have them, literally just ask for a big 6 x 8 plaster. Cheaper and easier to get than a lot of the technical stuff like roctape.

And remember to spray some insect repellent on it before application!

victoria21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Used Libre for 3 month now, i use Rock Tape in natural, blends in with my skin and stopped my nephews curiosity at pulling at his auntie 'torias button lol

Tried skin tac wipes, ended up sticking to every bit of fluff possible, tried standard microporous tape and that gave me a rash and some kind of odd little blister (not pleasant!)!
Tried fabric plaster strips, lasted a day but did work so not the end of the world.

With the rock tape and fabric strips, I cut a small circle of paper (size of sensor) to go over the Libre and that makes it easier to change the tape each time and scans perfectly

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used Rock Tape and sometimes also Skin Tac and they seemed to work really well.

I've moved to the Dexcom now and so far I'm on day 18 of my first sensor.....hope it's not a fluke....and for that I bought some extra-wide Rock tape and cut a hole in the middle for the sensor, works great too.

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use cohesive bandage works well and only sticks to itself not me or the sensor

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is very frustrating, isn't it?
I lost my last one scraping it off on a bedside table of all things! Totally my fault. On holiday. Different furniture arrangement than usual.
But my goodness I was frustrated. Lol

helga_t75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I've gotta say, @helga_t75 , that's the funniest libre loss post I've ever read!

Too surreal, heard the usual too long in sauna, door knock stuff, but, seriously...lost libre..fight..with bee... Just too good!

And what you don't know is that it was one of my own honey bees... I was 15 foot away from the hive, gardening, when one took offence at my presence. It would definitely have looked hilarious...