Abasaglar

jessA2024

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys

So anyone else on abasaglar ?

What units do you take and has it helped ?

Have you ended up on a fast acting insulin aswell ?

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been on that last year because of the lantus shortage but got put back on the lantus now as I can get that but when I was on that insulin I was on 20 in the morning and 22 at night as I also had my short acting insulin with that as well during the day but that was because I was resistant to the insulin and I had to boost it up every other day because it wasn't working for me the Abasaglar but the lantus does which is better for me

ATB123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys

So anyone else on abasaglar ?

What units do you take and has it helped ?

Have you ended up on a fast acting insulin aswell ?
I'm on that one, take 10 units every morning, keeps me stable as anything overnight, potters along quite beautifully at around 5. My flat acting is Novorapid, but have found it to be Novoslow at lunchtime, so I do get a few spikes with that one.

ATB123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on that one, take 10 units every morning, keeps me stable as anything overnight, potters along quite beautifully at around 5. My flat acting is Novorapid, but have found it to be Novoslow at lunchtime, so I do get a few spikes with that one.
That should say *fast acting.

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I get the same with the Novo rapid and some food to watch out for salad's as they contain no carbs and you have to take no novo rapid as if you take novo rapid your sugars will drop and you will be there for a little while trying to get your sugars back up and the last time it happened to me that was over a hour and lucky enough I was in hospital as I had a DKA and I had to have a few tests and scans while there for a week so that I was covered with by hospital staff who filled me with pure orange juice and glucose boost and biscuits and a hot drinks and then I was fine after that

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I get the same with the Novo rapid and some food to watch out for salad's as they contain no carbs and you have to take no novo rapid as if you take novo rapid your sugars will drop and you will be there for a little while trying to get your sugars back up and the last time it happened to me that was over a hour and lucky enough I was in hospital as I had a DKA and I had to have a few tests and scans while there for a week so that I was covered with by hospital staff who filled me with pure orange juice and glucose boost and biscuits and a hot drinks and then I was fine after that
Mmh depends on what you have in/with your salad as to the carb content. Have you been taught how to count carbs and alter insulin accordingly @Jordi77?

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was in hospital a couple of weeks ago and I had a salad with all the trimmings with chicken breast and I still had a hypo because there was no carbs in the salad and I didn't even have any novo rapid as I don't with a salad but I still had the hypo and had to wait for a hour for my sugars to come back to normal when they dipped to 2.5 so that was that for salad's and I will now steer clear from them and I will only have a couple of things from a salad and that's it and when I'm next in hospital which I hope not for a long time I won't be ordering a salad and the only insulin I had in my system was from my breakfast and I was high before lunch then