Abbott FreeStyle Libre 2 Reader - uploading data to LibreView

LittleGreyCat

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
After my saga with Abbott over connecting my venerable Freestyle Freedom Lite meter to LibreView, they have admitted that their web site was misleading and have kindly sent me a FreeStyle Libre 2 Reader.
This comes with a yellow USB charging cable and wall wart USB charger.

There is no information about connecting it to a computer.

The Abbott site is very cryptic - just says connect with a suitable cable.

Before I once again start chasing my tail, can someone please confirm that the supplied yellow USB cable is the one to connect to the PC for data upload?

I have ordered some test strips, and hope my existing lancing device is suitable.

I am now pondering if I will gain anything from using the Reader to start a new sensor, as I will be using my phone to monitor it.
[The Abbott site says that you can use both Reader and LibreLink as long as you start the sensor with the reader. I hope this works.]

Cumbrianjudith

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I used a Reader for 2 weeks while tracking down a mobile phone that was compatible with the Libre 2 Freestyle sensor…it’s ok if you really just want data but very limited if you want to record, like me, info.like what you actually ate, specific types of exercise, how you feel etc etc. I couldn’t work out how to record the initial data and remember ending up photographing each ‘page’ on iPad!

TheSecretCarbAddict

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, the yellow cable is the one to use. Connect the reader to your PC, log onto the LibreView website, and there is a tab at the top somewhere that talks about uploading device data. Follow the onscreen instructions. You might need to download and install some device drivers to support the data upload. Apart from that, the process is usually quite smooth.

There are some tradeoffs around starting the sensor with your phone vs. reader. I prefer the phone all the way and only ever use the reader for BG and Keto finger prick tests and then upload data to LibreView.

• Informative
Reactions: LittleGreyCat

TheSecretCarbAddict

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here is a screenshot of upload sceeen from my mobile, I normally load data via PC.
Screenshot_20240620_164600_Chrome.jpg