Abbott libre continuous monitor

joaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Whatever the lows whilst asleep they don't seem to be problematic and are probably from lying on the sensor.
I notice that daytime lows are possible: a meal that causes a sharp rise to a high level then falls rapidly also causes a low, and the cgm low is consistent with the symptoms experienced. I suppose that's the same as they tell non-diabetics - a high glycaemic meal causes a crash a few hours later and the need for a snack.
A smoother curve, even when the area under the curve is the same does not have that result.

I also note that despite being listed as low GI, All Bran has the same effect as porridge, which causes a spike.

Last edited by a moderator:

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think its a great idea as it would give you an overall picture with a lot more convenience. Its great you are trying to help your wife, wish my hubby was as helpful.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
These are the kind of revelations that make me want to give a Libre to every T2, just for a short time.

So glad it is working for you!

I think you get more info out of the reader after it has recorded 7 days. It gives more detail then.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whatever the lows whilst asleep they don't seem to be problematic and are probably from lying on the sensor.
I notice that daytime lows are possible: a meal that causes a sharp rise to a high level then falls rapidly also causes a low, and the cgm low is consistent with the symptoms experienced. I suppose that's the same as they tell non-diabetics - a high glycaemic meal causes a crash a few hours later and the need for a snack.
A smoother curve, even when the area under the curve is the same does not have that result.

I also note that despite being listed as low GI, All Bran has the same effect as porridge, which causes a spike.

I may have missed it, but have you contacted Abbott about your inability to download the software?

Buxtonstill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
They are way too inaccurate to be worth the money. My sensor has been reading 17/18 all day, yet my accu check is recording 12-13. It is typically 4-5 points above actual blood sugar levels, and that is making allowance for 15 minute delay. I heard a rumour that they may be dropping the price; anyone else heard that?