Abnormmal but expected?

Ellit

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, can anyone tell me what the phrase 'abnormal but expected'. Means when it relates to a glucose blood test? My dad is 93 and had 2 come back recently with this description.I've insisted on a fasting glucose test as if it's abnormal then it can't be right can it?
Anyone else had this? I'm type 2 and this is the first time I've heard this phrase.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Never heard of that one! Why don't you get your dad to speak to the GP's receptionist and ask exactly what tests he had, and what the actual results were? Maybe you could take him down ask for him? it sounds to me like this is the doctor's note against the full blood test results.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, can anyone tell me what the phrase 'abnormal but expected'. Means when it relates to a glucose blood test? My dad is 93 and had 2 come back recently with this description.I've insisted on a fasting glucose test as if it's abnormal then it can't be right can it?
Anyone else had this? I'm type 2 and this is the first time I've heard this phrase.

It basically means the sample tested outside the "Normal" range. It is acknowledge but the test result is as expected (by the medics).