According to dr., not pre-diabetic anymore.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In my experience over 4 years, doesn't matter if I lose weight, gain weight, eat less, eat more, have an A1c in the non-diabetic range - as soon as I eat more than around 25g carbs in one sitting, I'll spike higher than 7.8mmol (140mg) which is the target I prefer to stay below since reading this article:

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045678.php

Taken just on my A1c, I'd be non-diabetic, but my post prandial meter readings tell me a different story entirely.
HCPs generally have far too relaxed a view of what is dangerous.

maxine212

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I was diagnosed in 2005 with an A1c in the 7's and got it under control with low carb very quickly, lost my excess weight easily and was declared no longer diabetic by my doc. I believed him. Fast forward to this spring and suddenly I have an A1c of 10.4. It is not coming under control this time as easily and I am now on metformin and forxiga. It was never cured only controlled and as I get no symptoms with high sugar and was not testing I have no idea how many years I was running high. I regret that I stopped testing and allowed my disease to progress. That 11 after one chinese meal is absolutely full blown diabetic even though I expect my next A1c will be in the 5's, my last was 6.7
Gotcha. all very helpful grist for the mill. i'm sure there's a thread on that severe diet reset? six months at 800 calories quashing insulin resistance and perhaps regrowing beta cells. have you heard of this? i do wonder what was in the chinese food that spiked your bg. i haven't tried this yet, but i may do.

maxine212

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I was diagnosed in 2005 with an A1c in the 7's and got it under control with low carb very quickly, lost my excess weight easily and was declared no longer diabetic by my doc. I believed him. Fast forward to this spring and suddenly I have an A1c of 10.4. It is not coming under control this time as easily and I am now on metformin and forxiga. It was never cured only controlled and as I get no symptoms with high sugar and was not testing I have no idea how many years I was running high. I regret that I stopped testing and allowed my disease to progress. That 11 after one chinese meal is absolutely full blown diabetic even though I expect my next A1c will be in the 5's, my last was 6.7
chalup, thanks, i can't post my reply, but if this posts (!) wanted to ask if you've heard of the 800 calorie, 6 month reset.
pushing "post reply." :)

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Gotcha. all very helpful grist for the mill. i'm sure there's a thread on that severe diet reset? six months at 800 calories quashing insulin resistance and perhaps regrowing beta cells. have you heard of this? i do wonder what was in the chinese food that spiked your bg. i haven't tried this yet, but i may do.
I know what spiked me. Tons and tons of sugar added to the sauces plus most likely a truckload of msg which I do not handle well. I did look into that diet and it is not for me. The VLC diet suits me and it works. My insulin levels are abnormally high so my problem is not with being able to produce insufficient insulin. I continue to lose weight although extremely slowly due to the high insulin levels I believe and I think that the more I lose the less insulin resistant I will become. My solution is simply time, patience, and sticking to my diet. I am not a very patient person lol

maxine212

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
oh. sauces. ;x. the orange-colored sauce for instance? there are so many angles on living with this condition, can hardly believe it. :wave: