Accu Check Aviva Test Strips at Tesco

snowballnc700

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I,m Type 2 diet controlled and have to buy test strips, I had a real result in Tesco Pharmacy today, £15.30 for 50, thats £13 less than Boots.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I had exactly the same thing the other week. Asked for the Aviva strips, pharmacy assistant didn't know pricing so looked in a huge book of bar codes and voila £15.30.
I've paid £27 before for them, so I think that either we got charged the buy-price or got charged the 10 strip pack price. Either way, I didn't quibble, paid my money and left :-D

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you get them VAT free as well? Because we are exempt from paying VAT on test strips if we're diabetic.

patrica64

snowballnc700 said:
I,m Type 2 diet controlled and have to buy test strips, I had a real result in Tesco Pharmacy today, £15.30 for 50, thats £13 less than Boots.

snow ball why do you pay for a meter ??? and expensive strips ???

get your dr to give you a free meter its crazy why are these meter companies selling in tescos ???????
when all good meter manufacturers supply for free ????
and have cheaper test strips !!!!! and free meter if it breaks supplied free inc batteries and all and sundry
NEVER BUY YOUR METER HAVE IT GIVEN TO YOU FREE :crazy:

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
the ONLY reason they give the meters away free is to get you hooked on their strips...

like inkjet printers, the printer is now very cheap, the ink cartridges are stupidly expensive for what they are...

snowballnc700

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My Dr,s Surgery wont entertain giving me a meter or test strips,So I have to buy them , no choice at present.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220903935762? ... 1438.l2649

This is the code free which rates pretty well for accuracy and the strips and lancets are cheap.

I am lucky in that I use the Glucomen LX+ and my doc gave me a script for the strips and lancets.

The codefree is what I would go for if my doc didn't prescribe strips.