1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Accu-chek Aviva insight meter

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by weeezer, Apr 18, 2017.

1. weeezer

weeezer · Well-Known Member

Hi

Felt a bit yuk & tested...my meter says 'hi' I haven't experienced a level so high that it doesn't give a number, in years! Can't find anywhere how high is 'hi' - I'm thinking 30+??? Anyone know?

(Canula was dodgy. I've had a big bolus so will retest in 20)

2. weeezer

weeezer · Well-Known Member

Must've been 30+...20 mins on its 27.9, phew!

3. glavesr

glavesr Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi is 33+ unfortunately that's all the info you can get I think the highest my bg was while in hospital during an episode of DKA and was 48mmol

4. Snapsy

Snapsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@weeezer hope you've had a good night's sleep and are feeling okay. I'm amazed how quickly a dodgy cannula can send my sugars into Crazyland - fortunately it hasn't happened very often (yet!) in my experience.

Have a great day!

:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. JimC

JimC Type 1 · Active Member

I've had the same and ended up being a bad site I put the cannula in! This morning being a prime example! Work up with slightly higher bg and had to change cannula anyway and tested an hour later and bg had risen dramatically so had to change cannula again!

6. Tracyann35

Tracyann35 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yeah my sugar went to 30 the other day so not good, saw consultant today and like guys here advised change sites as it can get clogged and take ages to bring levels down. Also having to do some fasting as my liver keeps pushing out sugar

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook