Accu-chek Aviva insight meter

weeezer

Hi

Felt a bit yuk & tested...my meter says 'hi' I haven't experienced a level so high that it doesn't give a number, in years! Can't find anywhere how high is 'hi' - I'm thinking 30+??? Anyone know?

(Canula was dodgy. I've had a big bolus so will retest in 20)

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi is 33+ unfortunately that's all the info you can get I think the highest my bg was while in hospital during an episode of DKA and was 48mmol

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@weeezer hope you've had a good night's sleep and are feeling okay. I'm amazed how quickly a dodgy cannula can send my sugars into Crazyland - fortunately it hasn't happened very often (yet!) in my experience.

Have a great day!

:)

Reactions: mariposa84

JimC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had the same and ended up being a bad site I put the cannula in! This morning being a prime example! Work up with slightly higher bg and had to change cannula anyway and tested an hour later and bg had risen dramatically so had to change cannula again!

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yeah my sugar went to 30 the other day so not good, saw consultant today and like guys here advised change sites as it can get clogged and take ages to bring levels down. Also having to do some fasting as my liver keeps pushing out sugar