Accu-Chek Customer Service

A

Anonymous

I have just broken my Accu-Chek Softclix+ pen by inserting a lancet when there was already one inside! Don't ask!!! I have just this minute called the customer services and they are mailing me a replacement. This is excellent service considering that, on the website, it is stated that the pens cannot be obtained as a separate item. :thumbup:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Must admit when I was using Accu-Chek meters I always found their customer service exceptional :)

stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Hi

I have a visual disability and find it hard to read my accu chek meter, i telephoned them for some advice on the best meter to use and they sent me a new accu chek mobile free of charge no1 in my book

Stillo

A

Anonymous

stillo said:
Hi

I have a visual disability and find it hard to read my accu chek meter, i telephoned them for some advice on the best meter to use and they sent me a new accu chek mobile free of charge no1 in my book

Stillo

So rare to get such service from anyone.

judyann1

Gezza you have excellent blood test results - after 5years? Any meds to start with? What were your initial blood test results 5years ago? Im impressed.

A

Anonymous

judyann1 said:
Gezza you have excellent blood test results - after 5years? Any meds to start with? What were your initial blood test results 5years ago? Im impressed.

Hi, I've written a long reply as I didn't have time to write a short one! it's only since I joined this site that I have taken interest and learned about the significance of the blood tests, so I don't hold the files going back 5 years. I'll get them in late August from my GP when I have another blood test to follow up on my monocyte reading, which was up at 1.1. I have found out my HbA1C at the time which was 58 (7.5%) and I have a feeling that my cholesterol was 5.1 (possibly a bit higher) and that's all I know at present. I was put on Metformin in 2009, which I had forgotten. I was also put on Amlodopine in addition to Ramipril for my blood pressure, but I didn't get on with Amlodopine, and 'er indoors says that it was the same with Metformin, so I was taken off both that year.

I reduced my carbs from approx. 350g to 250g per day,(2000 calories ... not 1000 as some have quoted even though I have published from MyFitnessPal) which someone else commented was quite significant, and walk the dog 5.6 miles per day (according to Google Maps). I have even suffered frequent "low blood sugars". According to one person, the term 'hypo' is an insult to 'real' diabetics who have 'real' hypos.

Once I understood my bGs, I have only used my meter occasionally just to see if everything was OK, except for my recent experimentation. So, I have not been constantly 'fiddling' with my diet as a result of meter readings. I have had good bG days and bad ones but don't make changes to my diet as a result, as the bad days are occasional and I use the guideline bG levels rather than my own set goals. To be honest, I have felt more anxious and uncomfortable since using my meter recently and watching every movement, so it is a relief to me to revert to the occasional check and relax again.

You may have seen that I have suffered and survived a few beatings in my time on this site but all I can do is present the facts.
I quote ...
"I think the nearest thing there is to a diabetic "crime" is when one diabetic attacks the regime of another as effectively you are attacking how that person is controlling the condition and the attacker risks undermining the long term stability of people whose dietary regime is being attacked."

You can find the originator of that yourself and maybe point out just where I have been attacking others.

I have answered every question from this site and others without lowering myself to contribute to those other sites. Apparently, what I've achieved is impossible, even though my critics are striving for a similar outcome. I wonder why they're striving for the impossible?

C

catherinecherub

Gezza,

I am sure that many members here are concerned about the verbal abuse you have suffered, it is not the norm. People tend to keep out of debates that get heated but that does not mean that they do not have an opinion. I hope that people can accept that you can manage your diabetes without having to resort to a specific diet. It can be done and has been by many others in the past on this forum and is still happening today. Some people will not be forthcoming about what they are doing through fear of being treated in the way that you have been

We are all unique in metabolism, genetics, health etc. and so there will be variations of what people can and cannot eat. There is no dogma on this forum as to the correct way to manage your diabetes and long may it continue.

It surprises me that on a forum, which is supposed to support all diabetics, that you have had to suffer verbal abuse. It's not clever and says more about the perpetrator than the victim.

Keep doing what you are doing, it obviously works for you and I hope this rubbish you have had to endure stops.

A

Anonymous

catherinecherub said:
Gezza,

I am sure that many members here are concerned about the verbal abuse you have suffered, it is not the norm. People tend to keep out of debates that get heated but that does not mean that they do not have an opinion. I hope that people can accept that you can manage your diabetes without having to resort to a specific diet. It can be done and has been by many others in the past on this forum and is still happening today. Some people will not be forthcoming about what they are doing through fear of being treated in the way that you have been

We are all unique in metabolism, genetics, health etc. and so there will be variations of what people can and cannot eat. There is no dogma on this forum as to the correct way to manage your diabetes and long may it continue.

It surprises me that on a forum, which is supposed to support all diabetics, that you have had to suffer verbal abuse. It's not clever and says more about the perpetrator than the victim.

Keep doing what you are doing, it obviously works for you and I hope this rubbish you have had to endure stops.

I am both flattered and re-assured by people 'somewhere' who are so threatened by my progress that they resort to taking my blogs, or parts thereof, out of context, claiming I have said things that I haven't and changing actual numbers. What better endorsement could I hope for and what credibility does it give them?

janeecee

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I just add that I find these tit-for-tat posts highly counter-productive with regard to my own efforts to understand what is going on re my BG responses. I'm trying to work out the best way to prevent the progression of prediabetes. Instead I saw people being berated for their successful management of T2 following diagnosis. There are many success stories in this site of people who have "reversed" their condition using various strategies. It is off-putting to see accusations of "not diabetic" and "misdiagnosed" in response to such an account. We all know there are various strategies that work for some but not others, not just with diabetes but ALL chronic illnesses.

I am living with another long term illness and within the self-help circles the same accusations abound along the lines of—not genuine diagnosis, they had another illness all along, they were indulging in 'sick role behaviour', they are psychiatric cases, there's nothing wrong with them, they are faking symptoms to get sickness benefits, and so on. I've often had to correct people or challenge them about why they say that about another fellow sufferer, including the chair of my local group which is also a registered charity. To see a repeat of it here is…well, it shows up a very ugly intolerant attitude and helps no-one.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

judyann1

Well!!!!!!!! followed the link, tried to start reading it havent a clue whats going on with you or it and if i cant be informed simply (as i must be!!) i will just have to continue what im doing. My readings are pretty good, low carb, metformin but wondered how you managed such good readings with no meds> Good luck to you and your health and thanks for your trouble in your reply.

A

Anonymous

judyann1 said:
Well!!!!!!!! followed the link, tried to start reading it havent a clue whats going on with you or it and if i cant be informed simply (as i must be!!) i will just have to continue what im doing. My readings are pretty good, low carb, metformin but wondered how you managed such good readings with no meds> Good luck to you and your health and thanks for your trouble in your reply.

Hi, if you are referring to my private message to you, I wanted you to be sure that I was not in any way sanctioning my own approach as it has met with a mixed reception that I felt you might appreciate being aware of. I am very pleased that you have found a way of managing your diabetes. For me, I've said more than enough and answered more than enough questions about my own experience and have nothing more I can say. Best wishes to you.

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having spoken to Accu Chek customer services about 3 times recently about their meters, I found them to be excellent, even on one occasion when they needed to pass the request up the chain to get authority and they said it may take a couple of days. True to their word they rang back within the time they said, and gave me the news and information I wanted. :) :)

I had also contacted Bayer recently via email, and found they responded quickly and sorted out my problem / query. :) :) well happy with both companies.