Accu Chek Mobile - Finger Tip Bruising

Clementi

Hallo There,

I've been using the Accu Check Compact Plus for years with no problems at all, I know it's big but, personally, I just really like it! I'm not great with fiddly little things and so it's always been a good little machine for me.

Accu Chek recently offered me a free upgrade to the Accu Chek Mobile and, mostly because it has the 50 strips in the drum which are more convenient, I said yes please, give me one!

Been using it for a couple of days and my finger tips are black - I mean literally TERRIBLE bruising and I've never experienced any bruising before. OK, occasionally sore finger tips but I guess we all have that, no real problem.

I'm an artist and I genuinely initially thought I had blackish-blue paint on my fingers! I've rung Accu Chek and they are sending me a new clicker (I've already tried changing the lancets, altering the settings from 5 down to 4 and then down to 3, no difference in bruising).

I just wondered if anyone else had tried this machine and experienced anything similar at all? I do have another condition which does occasionally lead to me developing really bad bruising (I have leukemia) but this isn't random bruising, this is entirely on the fingertips and very localized, no redness or swelling, just this awful bruising. I shall speak to my doctor about it anyway just in case it relates to the leukemia but, as things are at the moment, I tend to feel it's the machine and nothing else and so I wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem at all please? Thanks so much. :)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is set on 2. Been using it for several months... no bruising.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
Mine is set on 4.5, and has been for last 36 months. Haven't suffered any bruising at all. I do minimum of 7 tests a day.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

CarrieB

Doesn't sound right, I've not noticed it being any better or worse than any other pricker.

I also use alternative site testing to spread the load round a bit further which I find a lifesaver.