Accu-chek Mobile Meter

Julie.reid1906

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Has anyone else had problems getting mobile test cassettes for their accu-chek mobile meter? My pharmacy told me there was a manufacturing problem and today my diabetes nurse told me they are stopping them. Not sure if that's just on prescription or if accu-chek are no longer making them. Have contacted Accu-chek to find out.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am type 2 and have to self fund my meters and strips. However, when discussing the prices of strips with my DN she told me that the AccuChek Mobile was no longer being prescribed by the surgery due to its cost and they had moved over to cheaper options. The cassettes are VERY expensive. I don't think there is a problem as such. If you need an emergency supply at any time they are often quite reasonable on eBay.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes I read on here that NHS will not be prescribing them as they are out of their costing parameters. I buy my own on ebay, where you can sometimes get them quite cheap if you are lucky.

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I'm not from Scotland, but were I live they still have accu-chek cassettes at the drugstore , so I don't think the're out of production.

Reactions: Prem51

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, I self fund them and usually get them from Amazon quite reasonably. They usually stock them in Boots so I'll have a look today. :)

PeterGC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My wife has accu-check mobile tester and we found the cost far too much so we are both now getting a code free testing system which for the most part is cheaper

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Of course, if the cassettes are no longer being prescribed they will disappear from flea bay too, as many sold via the site were NHS prescriptions in the first place

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As a Type 1 you should be entitled to have a bit of a say about your meter because of the large number of tests expected of you.

I find the Mobile to be invaluable as it's much less bulky than a kit and you can do the whole thing stood up, for example in a shopping centre, without having to faff about with strips.

You should get in touch with your hospital clinic if you're not happy about having your meter changed by your GP. They should support you to keep the meter if you feel strongly that another meter might not suit your needs or discourage you from testing.

Reactions: Prem51