Accu-chek on sale at Boots

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
In case anyone is funding their own accuchek supplies. Boots have quite a big discount on them at the moment and you can apply to get them VAT free!

Reactions: Prem51

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
I had an accu chek as my first meter but wow the cassettes are really expensive compared to other kits . I also found it annoying that sometimes the test would fail . If someone wants my snazzy pink accu chek mobile they are welcome to have it

Reactions: Prem51

dipsydo

Thanks just been to Boots and got some supplies
I like my accu chec ( not a cassette one ) even though strips are expensive but with discount of 40% plus if you have a boots card currently another 4 points for every £ spent so effectively another 4% off which makes the cost not too bad.

Reactions: Debzz_ and Prem51

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Ann1982: Thanks - I no longer use an AccuChek meter but I do still use my getting elderly Fastclix pricky device, and used the discount to buy a spare (No VAT off that though!) and a box of VAT free lancing drums.

Robbity

D

Deleted member 308541

The pharmacy I go to has a money back special on Accu-Chek meter kits at the moment.

I got a free trade up to the latest Accu-Chek Performa six months ago, so they run these offers fairly regulary.

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Ann1982 How do you apply to get them VAT free please? Do you have to order online or can it be done in store?

Edit:
Just found how to order online, claim VAT and collect at a store, so have done that. Great tip that has saved me a packet!

Last edited: