Accu-Chek Performa Nano - strange readings

CIarebear

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been using an accuchek nano since dianosis. The other day I took a reading, then decided to take another straight after just to make sure, and the readings differ. For example, I've just taken 4 readings from the same needle prick, all within a minute, the first came in at 14.7, the next was 16.9, then 15.1 and lastly 18.2.

I've tried a new pot of test strips but its still happening, also washing hands before testing.

I did contact accuchek who sent me out some control solution which im not really sure how to use! They told me to get back to them with exact times of the readings and if I'd taken any medication (I take 2 Janumet 1000mg, once in the morning, once in the evening.) I'm yet to get back to them at the moment, just wondered if anyone has had any similar experiences or could shed some light.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Account

Our meters are not very accurate and this is most obvious at high BG.
The standards they must comply with are within +/- 15% of true BG value.
To put this in context, if your BG was really 17mmol/l, all 4 of the readings you mention are within this range.

However, if your BG was 5.5, the readings could be between 4.7 mmol/l and 6.3 mmol/l.

Another reason to concentrate on getting your BG lower!

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
I use an Accu-Chek Performa. similar device, same manufacturer. These devices generally have an accuracy of +/- 15%. The readings are within the tolerance range of the meter.