1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Accu-Chek Spirit Combo supplies

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by stoney, Jul 7, 2017.

1. stoney

stoney Parent · Well-Known Member

Hi all not been on here for quite some time and I apologise for that. Not sure if I am allowed to do this but my son has now changed to a different insulin pump and he has got quite a lot of supplies left over. Would anyone be interested in having them or should I take them back to the hospital? If there is any interest I will list them later. Also he has a Diabetic clinic appointment on 2nd August and will take them with us if there is no interest before that date.

• Like Like x 1
  2. vic hill

vic hill Type 1 · Well-Known Member

had the same problem in west suffolk
    just took them back to nurse and she knows who uses that type of unit you have to be very very carefull so suggest pass it on via the rep or nurse
    regards and well done on recycle if allowed vic t 1 pump

3. Snapsy

Snapsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

What a nice thought, @stoney . When I started pumping my starter pack contained a variety of infusion sets. The 40cm hosepipes were no good to me - and I did a swap at my second pump group appointment with a fellow new pumper for her stash of the 70cm ones, because she preferred the 40cm ones over the 70cm ones. Win win!

A member of my diabetes team intimated that stuff that is not useable by a specific patient could be given to them so that if they were ever asked by a different specific patient 'oh you don't have any such-and-such, do you?' They would be able to say 'yes, we do, actually'.

:)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook