Accu chek tenderlink cannula?

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Been pumping for a while now and have tried the flexlink cannula with not much success. Did like the fact that when it was disconnected just a flat bit left on the skin without a dangly lead. Changed to rapid ds, like them and no problems so far but, when disconnected from pump left with a dangly lead. Both above go in straight. Have ordered the tenderlink to try as there is no dangly lead when disconnected but a 13mm needle going in at an angle. Anyone using/used these please could u let me know what they r like.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

Pbilli

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been on the pump for 2 weeks and have used these from day 1. They were recommended as the most suitable because I do a lot of sport. They are easy to put in and take out. I can't compar they to anything else as I have not used any others.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Pbilli said:
I've been on the pump for 2 weeks and have used these from day 1. They were recommended as the most suitable because I do a lot of sport. They are easy to put in and take out. I can't compar they to anything else as I have not used any others.

thanks for the reply, like u very active sports/diy. What length do u use?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

drvoles

I've been on the pump for about 6 months. I feel like a different person.

Anyhow...

I started with rapid ds - they were ok for a while, although I found if I were twisting or bending too much, they used to get a little sore. The dangling tubing wasn't a big deal for me, but I'm happier without it.
The real issue I had with these, however, was that around 1 in 5 sets I used resulted in a leak. Invariably I would be having a somewhat carb heavy meal, I would bolus with the pump, and would feel something wet at the infusion site with a strong smell of insulin. Luckily every time it happened, I noticed it immediately. Then it was just a matter of replacing and then trying to work out what to do with the food and bolus.

I found this extremely frustrating. I changed because I hated the fact that I was using something which (in me at least) has a 20 percent failure rate. I was scared that the next time it leaked, I may not notice till much later..

So I changed to tenderlinks. I actually use the 17mm ones, but have a box of 13mm ones that I'm going to test out.
These have been amazing. I've been using them about 3 months. One set failure in that time. Otherwise, no problems. Not too bad to insert. Sit comfortably against skin. No dangly bit.
They do tend to come loose when cycling in this hot weather, but I'm working on a solution to that already...

Hope that helps. Just my personal experiences.
Also worth looking at are ab infusion set called 'cleo'
Seem pretty good. Work with accu chek too I believe.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App