1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Accu-chek test kits query?

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by elaine77, Feb 10, 2015.

1. elaine77

elaine77 · Well-Known Member

Just checked before and got:

Mobile:- 6.4
    Aviva:- 4.4

Seems to be getting worse

• Like Like x 2
  2. eddie1968

eddie1968 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Maybe time to see your DSN and point out discrepancies, I've been using the normal Accu Check for years and don't think any new blingy easy looking meters will convince me to change. Just ask your DSN for a new Accu Check as I think it is a reliable meter. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. ianrcox

ianrcox · Newbie

After many months of perfect use , I recently experienced a large number of error codes ( E3/ E4) with the Mobile and called Accuchek to replace the meter.
    They have recently( December / January) changed sensitivity of the strips . Accucheck sent me a a free 50 strip pack as a replacement to try
    It is important to have the " bleep" function switched on and to apply the blood unitl the bleep occurs.
    I have found that this reduces the errors but I still get an unacceptable number of E4 / E3 errors 9 blood sample too low)
    In terms of accuracy the meter ( at least the strips) now seems to be too sensitive to high levels ( above 12).
    Accucheck need to reassess the changes they made to the strips!! I have tested the mobile against other meters and find it is not otherwise inaccurate given the limits of personal meters. I test 4 x daily as part of a weight loss regime and am Type 2 with Metformin ,Liraglutide and Novomix Insulin as therapy.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook