Accuracy of Freestyle Libre

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm over 4 and a half months into my Libre trial and find it accurate enough to bolus from, I've had one itch and that was the least accurate, my bugbear is more the lack of functions on the reader than the sensors themselves, as is said when your bloods are moving rapidly it's not at its best but for showing the trend each day it's a definite game changer I have to say.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a wee low BG, showing as 3.9 on Libre and 4.0 on blood test, so as always pretty accurate

JoBodensee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had my Libre (I'm in Germany) from about day one pretty much. So, I've had it almost three months. About 1 month into it, I added the MiaoMiao which I use with xDrip.

With xDrip you calibrate against finger pricks (they suggest 1 calibration/day but I sometimes do 2/day) and that way I find it's nearly always about dead on with my blood sugar tests. I had to briefly do without the MiaoMiao (and xDrip) because my Bluetooth gave out on my phone. Those were a long 4 days and I was so relieved to be back on my little dia-tech mix. I use my Sony Smartwatch 3 (which receives readings from the MiaoMiao independently from the phone) and can go out without my phone and feel quite safe. I love it.

Reactions: porl69

clanders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been using Libre Freestyle for 5/6 weeks now. As one of the respondents has already stated each sensor seems to perform differently. I am grateful for my finger's respite and find a limited amount of the information helpful. For example, if I eat wheat based products my bloods raise 2.5/3 times higher than if I eat potato. However I think the inaccuracy is potentially dangerous. On the whole my bloods read .4 higher than the sensor, also enticing me to treat a hypo where there is none. I had a paramedic intervention due to unconsciousness. The sensor read Lo. The blood sugar, taken within 5 seconds read 11.4. I think Abbott have a poor product on the market. When I complained they sent a response which will require gymnastics on my part and a lengthy, detailed response. I might be misinterpreting Abbott's response but it comes across as if they are annoyed at customers for giving feedback about problems. Good luck. I still use the scanner but rely on my Caresens blood tests