Type 2 Aches & Pains

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat, meat substitutes and fish
Hi, I have been diagnosed T2 for 11 weeks now and today for the first time since diagnosis I have woken up with pain in my joints, namely knees, hips, fingers and back, is this a symptom of T2 or am I just old and played way too much badminton up to about 5 years ago?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
"Bone and joint pain is found among people who take Gliclazide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metformin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Bone and joint pain with Gliclazide. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,909 people who have side effects when taking Gliclazide "

http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/gliclazide/bone and joint pain/

Reactions: Hammer1964

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
"Bone and joint pain is found among people who take Gliclazide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metformin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Bone and joint pain with Gliclazide. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,909 people who have side effects when taking Gliclazide "

http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/gliclazide/bone and joint pain/

JohnEGreen, WOW those are not good results, despite being female and 53 so at a slightly lower risk, still not good reading. I go back to DN next week and she wants to put me on Metformin, don't know if that is any better, will do research. Thank you.
Tracy

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Hammer1964 Did not wish to alarm you just thought would be best considered and discussed with your health team.

well if on metformin only, if you can tolerate it some can't though I have not had problems with it., may be better for you.

Last edited:

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Hammer1964 Did not wish to alarm you just thought would be best considered and discussed with your health team.

well if on metformin only, if you can tolerate it some can't though I have not had problems with it., may be better for you.

JohnEGreen do not worry you have not alarmed me but thanks for bringing it to my attention, I will be discussing Metformin with the DN as after looking at that it could be worrying as well.