Aching Joints

MsMaz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone help i am new here an don't know how to start a topic. Does anyone else suffer with aching joints especially at night?

Brownie1993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone help i am new here an don't know how to start a topic. Does anyone else suffer with aching joints especially at night?
Hi MsMaz, welcome to the forum! Are you type 1 or 2, and if so for how long have you had diabetes? On the home page you can create a new topic if you have a question, people on here are really helpful so can give you some good advice!

exrn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like cramps and stuff in your legs? I get it quite regular in the night. I think it is high blood sugars that set it off

MsMaz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No I find more in my elbows and wrists at the min. I have neen diabetic 24 years and they think now I'm a 1.5 all a bit double dutch to me.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MsMaz I used to regularly get aches in my joints prior to switching to a gluten/grain free diet. Grain is very pro-inflammatory food.

Elbows and fingers were the worst. I'm currently trying to discover what in my diet still gives me occasional aches, especially in my left index finger/palm joint. I suspect it is dairy, so am trying to psyche myself up to try a few weeks of dairy free to see if it makes a difference.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I have had issues with joint pain over the years. I suggest you see your GP about it, as there are some blood tests they can do to check for various things. Are you on any medications?

MsMaz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi thanks for all of your replies. Yes I am in statins but thats not s new thing i have been for a long time. I will have a look at the videos Indy51 and learn how to use this properly.