ACR results

johnrubinstein

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Can anyone help me understand this?

Test results:

Urine Microalbumin

Creatinine = 13.200 mmol/L (normal range 6-12)

Urine albumin:creatinine ratio = 1.000 ratio (normal range - 2.6 ratio)

Should I be concerned about the creatinine reading?

Thanks

John

Last edited:

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Are you sure about the units for creatinine. 13.2 mmol/L doesn't look right.
A ratio of 1 is < 2.6
Was this the serum or the urine test ?

johnrubinstein

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Are you sure about the units for creatinine. 13.2 mmol/L doesn't look right.
A ratio of 1 is < 2.6
Was this the serum or the urine test ?

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I’m uploading my test results so that you can see for yourself. As you can see, it is a urine test.

Regarding the ratio, so the lower the ratio the better?

Again, many thanks

John

IMG_4159.jpg

Chrissie18

High blood sugar interferes with the glomerulus filtration rate. Inside the kidney there are thousands, hundreds of thousands of tubules through which all the blood in your body is directed, these glomerulus filter out toxins such as urea a by product of protein metabolism. They also maintain through feedback loops creatinine for example, which is a by product of muscle breakdown. Diabetes that is not well controlled causes muscle breakdown. Therefore a high reading of either the GFR and or creatinine indicate the beginning of kidney disease. However what you don't give are your HbA1c although your other tests fall within normal limits. Talk to your diabetic nurse, who should repeat those tests after 12 weeks. They could be an aberration or an indication of something else. But you would need another set of tests to confirm anything.

Reactions: johnrubinstein

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
The kidney tests look normal. Serum creatinine is well within reference and GFR is well above the reference. Any doubts, query your sawbones.
Glenn

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
High blood sugar interferes with the glomerulus filtration rate. Inside the kidney there are thousands, hundreds of thousands of tubules through which all the blood in your body is directed, these glomerulus filter out toxins such as urea a by product of protein metabolism. They also maintain through feedback loops creatinine for example, which is a by product of muscle breakdown. Diabetes that is not well controlled causes muscle breakdown. Therefore a high reading of either the GFR and or creatinine indicate the beginning of kidney disease. However what you don't give are your HbA1c although your other tests fall within normal limits. Talk to your diabetic nurse, who should repeat those tests after 12 weeks. They could be an aberration or an indication of something else. But you would need another set of tests to confirm anything.

With GFR, higher is better. Not good when it drops too low.
Glenn

johnrubinstein

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Hi Chrissie

Got diagnosed with T2D in early January. HbA1C was 51. Latest blood test shows that I have it down to 44 (after shedding 28lbs and going on a LCHF diet.

Thanks
John