Addition to the statin debate

M

Member496333

Probably some truth in it regarding the side effects, but my biggest concern with taking a statin would be the absolute certainty of it messing with my body’s ability to manufacture an essential life-sustaining substance in the quantities that it requires.

But that’s just me.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So how does that explain the rise in Hba1c that some patients, inc me, experience? I also note that he seems to be promoting his latest diet!

Reactions: JohnEGreen
M

Member496333

So how does that explain the rise in Hba1c that some patients, inc me, experience? I also note that he seems to be promoting his latest diet!

I think the guy has sold out to be honest, but that’s just an opinion.

I’ve heard of this nocebo effect before and I don’t doubt that it has some basis in truth, but I find it slightly suspicious that it’s suddenly being associated with statin side effects at a time when they are becoming more widely publicised. In my mind this story is up there with Keto Crotch.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Nicebo and placebo effects are well known, but when someone on a statins shows biochemical evidence of say muscle damage, raised bsls then that is real..
The espoused figure of a 1% incidence of sideeffects of statins, is not backed by any scientific reference.

Reactions: Daphne917

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Strange that the manufacturers themselves admit to statin side effects and some add in co-enzyme Q10 to counteract said.
Placebo and nocebo effects are real but so are side effects. When all said and done I suppose it depends on whether you believe that lowering LDL (throughout its range) is a good idea in the first place.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Strange that the manufacturers themselves admit to statin side effects and some add in co-enzyme Q10 to counteract said.
Placebo and nocebo effects are real but so are side effects. When all said and done I suppose it depends on whether you believe that lowering LDL (throughout its range) is a good idea in the first place.

They also deplete the vitally important vit K2

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25655639

Reactions: Guzzler