Advantages over The Blood Sugar Diet

Nocturnal

Hey folks!

I know the same principles apply to both of these diets, but is there an advantage to the Low Carb Program over the Blood Sugar Diet? I ask because I have the BSD books and don’t have a subscription to the program here, but am considering it due to the price cut.

I’m looking for easy and simple recipes and just ease of use in general.

Oh and just adding in that I’m a Type 2 diabetic with insulin assistance (Novorapid for meals, Abasaglar at night) and Metformin.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Depends if you like a slow and steady progress or if you want fast results.

The Low Carb prog is a more structured program of weekly lessons which I found quite slow.

I just jumped straight in to intermittent fasting and ultra low carb and brought my T2 under control PDQ.
4 1/2 years later it still is.

Your main issue will be your insulin use will probably drop significantly if you start ultra low carb so you'll have to test often and watch out for hypos.

Ultra low carb can have dramatic effects pretty fast..

Check out recipes on www.dietdoctor.com

If you prefer a more structured approach and want slow progression then maybe the low carb prog could be for you.. worth a go?

@DCUKMod ?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey folks!

I know the same principles apply to both of these diets, but is there an advantage to the Low Carb Program over the Blood Sugar Diet? I ask because I have the BSD books and don’t have a subscription to the program here, but am considering it due to the price cut.

I’m looking for easy and simple recipes and just ease of use in general.

Oh and just adding in that I’m a Type 2 diabetic with insulin assistance (Novorapid for meals, Abasaglar at night) and Metformin.

Nocturnal - I don't know whether you receive mailing from the site at all, but today's was focusing on the Low Carb Programme (LCP). I think this snip gives you confirmation of some of the things I would have said to you:

upload_2020-5-24_16-28-8.png

If you're looking at adopting a different way of eating, I think the even just the meal plan and recipe idea would pay for it, never mind the mentoring, behavioural changes coaches, and ideas for getting involved with moving around a bit more - If that's what you want to do.

There's nothink within the LCP that's mandatory. If you don't want to, or can't become involved in, you just give it a miss, but a framework exists for whatever level of support you want or need.

At £21 for a whole year? It's a total steel.