Advice for a simpleton required please.....

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi All
I'm not very good with tech and would like to connect my libre 2 to my android phone which is compatible to run xdrip+.
I currently use a separate reader for reasons i won't bore you with and have the librelink app on my phone but want it running with xdrip.

I have downloaded the xdrip app but am unsure what else i need as it all looks very confusing.
Am i right in thinking i need to download something else too?

Could whoever is kind enough to reply please make the instructions simple because as i say i'm a simpleton.

I am currently on day 8 of my existing sensor which sets the reader alarm off and not the phone one.....

Thank you very much indeed

Tony

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use juggluco as the go between from libre patch to xdrip. Juggluco also feeds to libreview so my clinic get the data.
But xdrip is what I look at.
It's not proper difficult but if your not great with tech, can be a bit bewildering.
Sorry I can't give you a quick answer at the moment without going into too much detail.
Couple of Facebook groups are very helpful.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think @In Response uses xdrip, maybe she can help.
I used to use xDrip+ with OOP2 and found it great.
However, I am a techy and agree that it can be very intimidating if you do not understand tech - it is written for techies by techies.
The Facebook group has a section of downloadable files which includes the documentation on how to set it up for Libre 2 with OOP2.

I cannot help any more than this because I have been using a different CGM for the last 18 months so have not set up xDrip+ since Libre 2 became a CGM in the summer.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony337 and Antje77

Noddy123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Im not techy too but I have a question. Using Libre 2 with the reader. I have a Motorola phone. I use the reader to upload readings to my DSN. If I was to use an app that would take a reading what should I use and still maintain my uploads for my DSN

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Im not techy too but I have a question. Using Libre 2 with the reader. I have a Motorola phone. I use the reader to upload readings to my DSN. If I was to use an app that would take a reading what should I use and still maintain my uploads for my DSN
If you use the official LibreLink app your data will automatically upload to LibreView.
I'm assuming this is what your DSN is using to see your readings now so they'll still be able to see it without you having to do anything.

In LibreView, click the icon with the blue arrow to see data from your reader and the icon with the red arrow to see the data from your phone.

1697912886874.png

Reactions: Zinadane