Advice need cheers

Sazzywazz2021

Hey hope someone can help me. I went for a blood test recently and doctor said i was marginally high blood sugar to watch my diet so for last 3 weeks i have i have bought myself a meter and my levels are always in the good range never higher than 6.2 even after eating and i still eat my carbs my levels are better than my wife's who is normal so i wonder could it just have been caused by alcohol intake as we use to drink heavy on the weekends i use to drink many beers which i have cut down . The question really is would i be able to still eat how i am and not worry about carbs if i cut down on alcohol as my sugar has been fine eating carbs ?? Im so confused abou tthis all i would appreciate the help cheers .

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When do you measure ?
Fasting in the morning ?
2 hours after eating ?
1 hour after eating ?
What was your HbA1c, did the doctor give you a number ?

Sorry about all the questions.

Reactions: urbanracer

Sazzywazz2021

Its fine cheers for reply i measure in the morning its in normal range . Then after eating each meal through the day its still in the 5s and at night after ive been to gym and thats really low in 4s sometimes . I think it was 43 hba1 c so one over 42 i think is normal ??

Sazzywazz2021

I thought that too but i test hour after meal
And two hours after each meal . Just to be sure aand im never higher than 6.2 so im thinking if it was just my heavy weekedn drinking spiking it up last few months.