1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Advice needed regarding trying for a baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Madelinelowery, May 18, 2020.

1. Madelinelowery

Madelinelowery Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yeah I am so lucky, I'm glad you've got great support too. It definitely helps!
    Exactly, sometimes life is to short and if it feels right for you then go with it

I think that as they've opened up fertility centres again its getting better. I hate that diabetes can define people and I have always lived with the moto along as I am sensible and take care I am no different and I can do what everyone else does!

Good luck with it and send me a message if you ever need to chat x

• Like Like x 1
  2. Electra Darling

Electra Darling Type 1 · Member

Thank you so much, that’s really kind. Likewise if you want to chat or vent or moan or anything, feel free to message me too! Xx

• Like Like x 1
  3. Madelinelowery

Madelinelowery Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Aww thank you lovely xx

• Like Like x 1
  4. Type1of25years+

Type1of25years+ · Member

It would be amazing to hear what your pre-conception consultant says re TTC? All I got was a generic letter strongly advising me not to try for a pregnancy ....which hasn’t stopped us (too old, too depressing to!) but instead has just made me super anxious for months!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Electra Darling

Electra Darling Type 1 · Member

I’ll speak to her in a couple of weeks’ time and let you know what she says then :) I agree it’s so depressing to hold off, and the longer it continues the more I feel that we might as well just give it a go because normality won’t return for ages anyway!

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook