Advice needed

Sueaug

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Would appreciate opinions please.
Had a fasting blood test July 2017 which was 5.4. Then in March 2018 another fbt which was 7.6 - really shocked at this as I hadn't had any symptoms, diet seemed ok and walked 1/2 miles most days. Had GTT two weeks later Fbt 5.6 then two hours later over 13. Now my question is - on the 7.6 Fbt could being ill the previous month affect it, I was also very anxious at the time over something else and also the test was at 11.00 in the morning. Question about GTT -would being on a low carb diet for two weeks prior to the test have given a false outcome. Thanks for your time and appreciate any opinions.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes it may well have you really need to have been eating normal carb diet for some time prior to an OGTT as your reaction to a large amount of carbs at one go after being low carb for a period of time can amplify your reaction to the carbs and cause a much higher and protracted BS spike. Or so I have been told.

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But please prepare yourself for bad news. Two hours later over 13 means the spike 30/60 minute later was high (I predict over 15). Prediabetes go not over 11 and non-diabetes go not over 8.