Advice on lows and highs

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone im 11weeks pregnant now and for the first time today my levels have varied quite wildy (to me they are).
Example of yesterday, before lunch 4.4 afterwards 6.8 but today eating the same thing i was 4 and then 9.5! Im abit worried cos for dinner today it was 3.6 and then 8.4 -again not too diff to what i eat usually but every now and then itll go high and i dont know why
:( im worried im going to hurt baby x

natalie22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
First off don't panic. How quickly after a meal are you testing? My dr advised me to test an hour at the beginning but soon enough I was having similar readings of 9s and 10s so she said don't panic and treat them leave it another hour and then treat. Pregnancy does so much to our bodies and how insulin responds can change quickly too. You may also need to take ur insulin earlier before meals to get the effect, such as 15-30 mins before. But don't panic. Talk to your dr and they will advise.
It's hard not to panic as I still do when I see a high reading and everytime I correct and end up low. My dr reminded me that it's the constant highs and the high hba1c that will hurt baby.
Xx

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you for your reply, i feel reassured i will call my nurse tommorow. Im testing 1hr after each meal. At the moment im only on insulin before bed but i do have novorapid incase i need to start introducing it with meals. However it does seem to be hard to see where a pattern of highs emerge in order to do that. I guess theyre monitoring me closely though so i am greatful x