Advice please.

sue1309

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
False, patronising people who assume they know everything about me!
Now you’re talking. My fasting BMs seem high too, after only having some chicken and salad at 5pm the previous night.....10.4 this morning! I think I have insulin resistance too. Night time meds are a statin and Lantus and I have a mug of coffee, decaff, with sweetener. So maybe I should eat earlier than my usual 3pm ‘lunch’.....?

sue1309

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello, are you grazing because you are low? Or trying to stop going low?

https://www.mysugr.com/en/blog/basal-rate-testing/

Okay. I mainly have fish or chicken with salad or veg for lunch then just have full fat Greek natural yoghurt and half a banana at roughly 5pm. Sometimes I like a 25 grm bag of plain crisps or a couple of rich tea biscuits.
I love tomatoes, especially the cherry ones, I love mushrooms, anything ‘salady’....Cheddar cheese, hard boiled eggs, cream crackers....basically any food. Except spinach, chick peas, butter beans, kale....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Now you’re talking. My fasting BMs seem high too, after only having some chicken and salad at 5pm the previous night.....10.4 this morning! I think I have insulin resistance too. Night time meds are a statin and Lantus and I have a mug of coffee, decaff, with sweetener. So maybe I should eat earlier than my usual 3pm ‘lunch’.....?

Hi,

What time do you usually inject the Lantus? What were your sugars prior to bed.?
Was the "10.4" on waking or an hour or two after?

sue1309

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Prior to going to bed BM was 6.4. Lantus, 40mls, injected bout 10.30pm. 10.4 reading was 9am this morning, prob about 3 hours after waking, and watching TV....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Prior to going to bed BM was 6.4. Lantus, 40mls, injected bout 10.30pm. 10.4 reading was 9am this morning, prob about 3 hours after waking, and watching TV....

Maybe worthwhile checking BG as soon as you wake?
Keep in mind I am T1. However, what can happen when waking, I can have some lovely numbers on the meter, but without eating a thing (I don't do breakfast (bar a cup of coffee.) can rise a couple of points faffing about with the morning routine.? Which is normally a foot on the floor liver dump.
Lantus is at the end of the day, a basal insulin. It's designed to keep fasting BG levels in check.

I've no wish to put a downer on your beverage. Pending on how milky your coffee is, could have impact on your BG too..

However, this is a low carb topic keep a close eye on your BG when lowering your carb intake regarding your prescribed meds.

The diatary aspect. Is best discussed with your fellow Type 2s.

Good luck finding a new you!