1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Advice

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Ange1a65, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Ange1a65

Ange1a65 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

is there anyone on here Type 2 Diabetic on no meds and had a Endoscopy and Colonoscopy, who is willing to answer some questions about ideas for foods for the day before ?
    I have spoke to my Nurse but she was not sure herself and this is not medical advice wanted but food related to help me stop having hyper/hypo
    Thanks in advance

2. jacquiarm

jacquiarm · Member

Hi Ange1a66

I had both investigations a couple
    of years ago pre being diagnosed T2.

The usual advice they give for non diabetics is “white” food for a couple of days before, such as white bread, milk etc - all the bad stuff we diabetics should avoid.

Assuming you are doing LCHF, my best advice would be to stick to light dishes, such as homemade chicken soup, plain yoghurt etc.

When you can eat will depend on the timings of your appointment, just have lots of clear broth or simply water once you have taken the preparation meds.

To be honest, once you have taken the “cleaning” preparation you really won’t anything other than water ! Look on it as a couple of days of fasting.

Hope all goes well

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook