Advice?

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I'm livvie,
My last HBA1C was 8.5 and if I get it down into the 7ns my mum says that I can go to horseworld (my favorite place of ALL time). I really wan't to go and need advice on how to get my bg results between 5-10. If it works I willl be SO happy. Try not to tell me to go on a diet, but maybe just to not eat thi or that. Thanks :D

Bodybuilder type1

Just try only eating carbs that are long lasting in your body a good rule of thumb is to stick to food that is brown lol as anything white is only white because of colouring. these foods will raise your sugar too much too soon . So try porridge or wheatabix in the morning measure all your food at the start this will seam like a chore but people are creatures of habit we tend to eat the same thing every week ,we like what we like so learn your food
Do you know what glycemic index is ? If not look it up eat lots of lean protein and exercise do you carb count

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jayne15

Hi Livvie the challenge is on ! My little girls is 6.9 and I think she manages to keep hers lower by exercise- I'm not sure what you do in terms of exercise, she does at least half an hour after school each day and plays football, rugby, badmington, netball, swimming she has started roller skating also which is lots of fun and you can take your mum too! she eats lots of fruit and veg, pasta and salad. keep us posted on how you are getting on. horse world sounds lots of fun.

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks body builder,
Iwill look up glycemic index and wat it means. Also, I neverreally thought of eeating more long lasting food. I'll tell you how I get on in the weeks to come! :D

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Jayne15,
WOW, your girls HBA1C is 6.9. Brilliant! I ussaly walk to school there and back (about half a mile each way). Also I go on wii fit plus when I can for at least 40 mins. Thanks for the food types, I really look up to your little girl. By the way Horseworld also has different types of animals: pigs, cockotials, budgies, goats. But their main focas is horses. Promise I will keep you up to date. :D

Sameer

What index pls Also tell me
Can I eat rice are they in brown ???
Pls guide

Newly diagnosed taking insulin novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 units at night , have issues in late night snack very lazy always get high sugar in morning from 130 to 140

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi sameer, they are referring to the glycemic index or gi for short. The lower the gi the food is the slower your body will turn the carbs into sugar. Generally wholegrain versions of foods are lower than white varieties. You should be able to find the gi list on google which lists many foods and their gi rating. However it is a general rule and something low gi may still raise your sugar levels quickly do out is advised.to also monitor your bloods 2 hours after eating to see the impact of different foods. Also you must take into consideration the quantity of foods. Just cause its low gi doesn't mean you can eat big portions.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

jayne15

Hi Livvie, Meg hasn't been diagnosed long so we are still very new to this I am sure as time goes on things will get a little more trickier. You sound like an amazing young lady and I am sure if you set your mind to it you will achieve your goal. I would suggest a little more cardiovascular exercise than you are doing currently (something that makes you sweat a bit) if you can only fit in the walk to school why don't you try and pick up the pace and knock 5 mins off your usual time-dont forget to take your hypo stuff with you though- just in case !

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks Jayne,
I will try hard to pick up the pace, however I walk to school with my Dad and he's quite slow (older than most parents at his age).I have just started Gymnastics but was thinking of doing something like rugby. Can you suggest anything or any where that I can exersize that isn't too much money. I think I've acctually talked to Meg, does she have her own post on something like 'new with diabetes'. It might just be me. Thanks again for your posts (carry on if you want). Really appreciate it all. xxx :D

jayne15

yes you have talked to meg and she really cant wait to chat x where do you live ? rugby for meg cost about 10 pound a month she is in a boys team (shes the only girl ) because of her age, but at your age the worlds your oyster ! check out your council Gym- we pay 11 pound a month for coaching membership which includes swimming, tag rugby, football and badminton. have a ring round your council sports clubs to see what they have on offer. just so you know we are golden oldies (43) (older than most parents) my hips are killing me from our weekly roller skating ! you have inspired me to walk to school with meg tomorrow! you can to this x

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Don't worry my parents are older than you (quite a bit accually). I live in gloucester. Congrats on walking Meg too school :clap: .
Looking forward to talking to her to her to. If you want to talk to my mum at all I can give you her user name? Sorry can't talk much I'm at school on table treat! Tell you more tommorow (or later on, I'll wait for your reply)! :D

jayne15

lol glad we are not the only golden oldies, id love to talk your your mum if she wishes. meg just had salad and chicken satay for tea what are you having tonight? did you manage to pick up the pace ?

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Jayne15,
I had a bowl of salad with 1 beef burger in bun for tea. Also (thanks to you + Meg) my BG levels were 7.2 and all others were ing 9's and 6's. I'm sooooo incredibly grateful! :D . My mums happy to privite message you, her name is : Diabetesmum quite a simple name really. Meg sounds like a responible girl for her age (complement)! You both sound really nice, can't wait for your reply :D

Sameer

Thankyou brett

Newly daignosed , novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 at night , have issues in eating and sleeping pls help me , why my morning BS is always high ???? Late night eating is the problem , so please help me guys

Bodybuilder type1

Hay ya make sure to eat your broccoli There are a multitude of reasons why broccoli remains of the most consumed vegetables among athletes and bodybuilders. For one, broccoli is filled with vitamins and minerals that aid with numerous processes and functions in the body. Broccoli contains considerable amounts chromium, the mineral that is essential for metabolizing carbohydrates, fats, and proteins and simultaneously controlling blood-sugar levels (insulin).

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
thanks bodybuilder, I'll try but I HATE brocilie! Does brussel sproutes have the same affect?

cezzle

Romany (7) says if you get hungry try and eat low carb things like nuts, cucumber, cheese etc. She likes mixing Tuna and cream cheese together and eating it with cucumber, carrot and pepper sticks. Does your mum test and correct you at night? Rom was spiking at about 2am so we needed to up her Levemir slightly xx

jayne15

Hi Livvy how is your quest going? it wont be long till your next blood test cant wait to hear how your getting along x :D