Advice

rosenrot

Hi All,

I have a fasting blood test tomorrow and wonder what level i should be hoping for.

My colleague at work has tested me using her monitor and has monitored my readings over three days, they are not especially good in the morning:- 12 yesterday and 11.1 this morning.
Am i jumping the gun a bit or should I adopt the little knowledge rule and forget the readings and await the official result or should i tell the nurse of the readings I have had.

i really am worried. :(

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry don't remember what normal fasting blood test results are.
Yes do mention those test results to the nurse if you are worried, they will be able to tell you how high they are etc.
Have you been having symptoms of diabetes, is that why you are having the blood test done?

rosenrot

Thank you HLW,

Yes , getting the blood test because I have had terrible thirst, dry skin, going to the loo a lot and been very very sleepy after eating.

Been feeling very off colour for a while.

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, if it is diabetes you will feel much much better very soon after starting treatment at least. And they'll only have to do one blood test if it is high as you have symptoms, that's what they said at my drs when I got diagnosed, so you should know quite soon.
You could maybe try doing things like cutting out sugar anyway, and see how you feel in the meantime?

rosenrot

Thanks HLW,

Have made a pledge to myself. Either way- too cut out sugar and cut down carbs.

Have read many many interesting posts over many topics which are of help to non diabetics too.

ChocFish

Good luck rosenrot - cutting down on sugar and carbs is really good for anyone, not just diabetics

I hope it all works out for you

All the best

Karen x

Spiel ein Spiel mit mir - I get it, rosenrot, yeah Rammstein!!! :) Love it!