Advise need

Antonyponraj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
I am a T2 since 1999.presently on metformin+pioglitazone+glimepride.Hb1c is 7.3.
Recently I have observed that my fasting sugar increases without any intake of any food.that too after my morning walk.
For eg today.. My sugar at 7.30am was 132 and after my walk of 40 main ,the sugar level is 172.
Can anybody gives me the reason behind.I am woried..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

johnco

The liver will give out glucose if it thinks you will need it, ie. for exercise, both before and during, so it is a good idea to have a small amount of food before any regular activity. This will stop the liver from dumping any more until it is needed. However, this is only a maybe, as we are all different! As your HBa1c is a little high, it may be that your pancreas is not as strong as previous, your insulin resistance is increasing or you may just be eating too much! What are your readings before/after meals? This is a more reliable measure of how well you are doing than a `fasting` reading in the morning. If these are within guideline limits (before/two hours afterwards) - I would not be too concerned.- but do those mealtime readings for sure. Regards, John.