Advise required

steve3756

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am 64 T2 for about 14 yrs and on Meds including BP meds ..I work paty time doing maintenance in a supermarket..I have been Furloughed since April , but I may be required to return in june ...social distancing will be almost impossible customers physical contact with surfaces ..do i or dont I raise concerns ..my company knpw I am a at risk group..

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am 64 T2 for about 14 yrs and on Meds including BP meds ..I work paty time doing maintenance in a supermarket..I have been Furloughed since April , but I may be required to return in june ...social distancing will be almost impossible customers physical contact with surfaces ..do i or dont I raise concerns ..my company knpw I am a at risk group..

Can you wear thin gloves?

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If I were you, I'd definitely tell your employers about your concerns. Perhaps they need reminding you're in a higher risk group.
I don't work at the moment, but at my old job it was astonishing the number of times I had to remind them I have diabetes, to be met with an "oh goodness, I completely forgot!" and there were only about 20 employees :banghead:

steve3756

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can you wear thin gloves?
I do wear gloves on occasion but the nature of the job means they do get torn very easily, but gloves do not address the issues with social distancing it is possible to wear a mask b however not comfortable in the heat and cause glasses to steam up, besides are they effective