Advised not to inject in my arms?

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just been in to see my DSN nurse. We were having a nice chat & I mentioned injecting in my arms. She tells me that current advice is not to use the arms because of the risk of injecting into muscle. Never heard this before, has anyone else?

SOPHIE2006

I've just been in to see my DSN nurse. We were having a nice chat & I mentioned injecting in my arms. She tells me that current advice is not to use the arms because of the risk of injecting into muscle. Never heard this before, has anyone else?
I've been told this. You can but the insulin isnt as effective.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using my arms for 20+ years & haven't noticed a problem. If I did stop using them, it would be a major proportion of available sites gone - especially when out & about.

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was injecting into my arms for YEARS but now use legs rotation is the key for good absorption i'd say.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've used my legs, bum, stomach & arms rotating on each, but my legs have become somewhat unreliable recently - hence losing the option of using my arms would be a blow.. Might be time to look at a pump if I can get one.

D

Deleted Account

I have never injected in my arms because they have too much muscle (or not enough fat).
I am not a body builder but I have limited space available for a Libre.

Based on my own, limited, experience, I would have thought whether to inject in arms is dependent on body shape/definition.

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i sometimes stick a few corrections units into a tri or bi if i want levels to drop quick