After 1st Eylea Injection

Unbelievable

Hi
Sorry if this is not the right place to post the message.

I had my first Eylea injection today and its all a new experience.
Its been a couple of hours and my vision in the eye that was treated is what I would call misty and blurred.
How long does this last? Should I worry? Some advice says burred vision can happen but what about being
misty/fogged up a little?
It is a bin unnerving.

Any advice out there?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

It wears off quicker than Lucentis..

A good few hours.. yep. The "muppet eye" can be weird..

Edit; to correct the anti VEGF drug spelling.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, I think its starting to clear up a bit. I hope I start seeing improvements .

Hi again,

If it's any consolation I did see some vast improvement after they suddenly switched from Lucentis to Eylea.
Been no return with my issue in a couple of years? Still fit to drive too.
I found the cloudy jelly fish or dark spot from the jab dispersed a lot quicker.
One time I was even able to get out & do a gig a couple of hours later, though the flashing stage lighting was a bit disorientating.

I Was treated for macula oedema.

What were you diagnosed with? (Eye wise.)

Have they prescribed a course of 4 or 6 jabs (one every four weeks.) to start. If it anything like what happened with me they should decrease the frequency pending on improvement? Then just scan & nonitor at intervals from there...?

BG managment will help too. I just realised we're roughly the same age group. So take heart. The drug can work.

Unbelievable

Hi again,

If it's any consolation I did see some vast improvement after they suddenly switched from Lucentis to Eylea.
Been no return with my issue in a couple of years? Still fit to drive too.
I found the cloudy jelly fish or dark spot from the jab dispersed a lot quicker.
One time I was even able to get out & do a gig a couple of hours later, though the flashing stage lighting was a bit disorientating.

I Was treated for macula oedema.

What were you diagnosed with? (Eye wise.)

Have they prescribed a course of 4 or 6 jabs (one every four weeks.) to start. If it anything like what happened with me they should decrease the frequency pending on improvement? Then just scan & nonitor at intervals from there...?

BG managment will help too. I just realised we're roughly the same age group. So take heart. The drug can work.

Its got a lot better now, stings a bit but hoping tomorrow its better.
They found fluid in my eye (DME) which I have no idea how its forming. I don't have any leaky blood vessels. My HBA1C is normal and I am in remission so not sure how BG is causing it.
Its a scan and see in 4 weeks time.
Im just grateful there is treatment for this. Even 20 years ago you would have to accept it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its got a lot better now, stings a bit but hoping tomorrow its better.
They found fluid in my eye (DME) which I have no idea how its forming. I don't have any leaky blood vessels. My HBA1C is normal and I am in remission so not sure how BG is causing it.
Its a scan and see in 4 weeks time.
Im just grateful there is treatment for this. Even 20 years ago you would have to accept it.

Had you drastically improved your A1c in a short period of time..?
Sometimes the "sort sharp shock" to BGs are not kind with the eyes. The rule of thumb is a steady improvement on the BGs. (Like a decompression.)

My eye issue seemed to the the "thanks" I got for going at it like a bull at a gate..

Yep, there can be the odd twang with the injection site & possibly the stuff they use to clean the site after the local eye drop anaesthetic wears off..

Did they give you any after care eye drops to use for a couple of days..?