ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
Why is it that if your a kid or a pensioner the diabetic medical community are pretty much on the ball(I've heard)
but if your 24(type 2 diagnosed got teen mag yeah) or 30 (diagnosed type 1) they seem to stumble there way through your treatment and get different advice from different people or is this just lucky me ?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
i was diagnosed at 32 and found it similar here :D so its not just you

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
no it doesnt,
are u coping ok now?

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
fine with most of it except the pain and having to use needles but at least I ain't dead

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
spoken to 3 different docs 5 times and my diabetes nurse twice and nothing. I'm used to working in busy restaurants and just now can barely walk for more than 10 mins without the pain becoming to much. but least my kids find it cool as I'm with them more

loneranger

Hi ham79, thankyou for posting that. I got diagnosed at twenty one, i have been swept under the carpet and abused by the healthcare for a few years. One dr at a certain well known hospital ok, up London even had the nerve to say if i was a kid they'd take it more seriously. Didn't matter that i'd hypo'd so much i blacked out and gave myself a concussion. I think people forget that just because we're in the middle of life that we're not vunerable or we dont need as much help as anybody else.You're an adult yet still young, sort yourself out is their mantra. Well what if the whole world was that ignorant? Unbelievable. Well i felt guilty for having some seriously nasty thoughts about how certain people actually get help n those who don't, but if your getting the same treatment as me well, once again thanks for posting, it proves i'm not totally insane! I hope you get treated better, otherwise, give em hell. lol. If u want to start up a clan against ageism in diabetic treatment n patient values then i am your right hand man lol.Take care.

Loneranger.

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
Thanks for that. Yeah we need to start a coalition for the positive treatment of us not young enough or old enough to deserve proper diabetes but keep reading I think most diabetics have come up against it at some point