AIP diet

MAGGYNHERKY

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This probably sounds silly, but I've been on a strict elimination diet for the last 3 weeks, for inflammation and weightloss. It's very low on carbs, and just lately I've been getting hypoglycaemia symptoms, but I just tested my blood and it was 4.4. I ate some chicken and veg maybe an hour ago, and am eating salmon for my tea now. My blood sugar has always been pretty good (never as low /good as this), is this too high for hypoglycaemia?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
A 4.4 is normal but it may not feel very normal if you have been used to seeing higher numbers. Your body will get used to normal figures quite quickly. Well done.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This probably sounds silly, but I've been on a strict elimination diet for the last 3 weeks, for inflammation and weightloss. It's very low on carbs, and just lately I've been getting hypoglycaemia symptoms, but I just tested my blood and it was 4.4. I ate some chicken and veg maybe an hour ago, and am eating salmon for my tea now. My blood sugar has always been pretty good (never as low /good as this), is this too high for hypoglycaemia?

Hi there,

I don't know what (if any meds) you are on but when I was first diagnosed I remember the DN saying that 4.4 was the PERFECT non diabetic reading, no more, no less. (I know this can differ even in non diabetics of course but she insisted 4.4 was the absolute normal figure).

Reactions: MAGGYNHERKY