Type 2 Air travel

Tansyrex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello, I was diagnosed T2 last Feb. And I’m about to go on long haul holiday for first time since diagnosed. I take 4 Metformin and 80mg of Gliclazide daily. Should I look out for anything in particular? By the way I hate plane food. Thank you for any help or advice. I have another question but will put it separately.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, I was diagnosed T2 last Feb. And I’m about to go on long haul holiday for first time since diagnosed. I take 4 Metformin and 80mg of Gliclazide daily. Should I look out for anything in particular? By the way I hate plane food. Thank you for any help or advice. I have another question but will put it separately.

Hi there Tansyrex - You should be fine on your flight, but all the usual drink plenty water and have a stroll every now and then applies.

If you are using Gliclazide, I assume you have been supplied testing kit? Assuming you do self test, you might just like to keep an eye on your results, but I wouldn't be expecting any big surprises.

Most airline food isn't the best, for sure, but it's only one meal, once in a while.

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Presuming you are testing then a letter from diabetic nurse to say you may have sharps on you can be useful. Never been asked for my letter but always have it with my passport.